Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Scrapbook or Blog?

Welcome to my knitting blog. Being out of work, I've had plenty of time on my hands and I've been considering starting up a scrapbook of my knitting projects since I've also begun knitting more. Of course, starting it up meant paper, something to put that paper in, room for this scrapbook, copying patterns, printing pictures, and spending more time than necessary on these pages due to me being a perfectionist about these things. While looking for a good pattern for my dad's christmas scarf I found a solution- a knitting blog.
Really this is more for myself, but if you find yourself interested in my projects, feel free to visit often, comment, etc. With the holiday season coming up, I have quite a few projects to work on. When they are done, I'll put up a new post and save some trees by using a blog instead of a scrapbook.

Finally, I want to end with my new favorite found pattern that I can't afford to buy yarn for: Noro Striped Scarf.
I've tried substituting similar, cheaper yarn for Noro in the past, but I don't think there is anything better and if I am going to knit this, I want to do it right and I need $45 to do so. Hopefully there will be a good holiday season sale on the yarn websites this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment