Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Plans, plans, plans

Well, I was going to dye some new color ways on the Aran wool today, but then I got a call early this morning to babysit my cousin. I may still get around to it tonight. I only ordered a 5 skeins of each of my new yarns to try out, so I'm torn between making 2 of this next color, or making 2 different colors. Of course, that also all depends on whether or not I get my order of dye in today...

It was pointed out to me today on the Etsy forums that I should offer 2 of each yarn if possible for people with bigger projects. I've been on a One-Skein-Wonder kick since I picked knitting back up again a few months ago, so the whole "I need multiple skeins" thing has been off my radar I guess. Also, I was having fun coming up with a bunch of different color ways. If I had realized that Paradise Fibers Double Knitting was actually fingering weight, I would've done 2 of a couple of my color ways under the same dye lot. This is especially true with Giselle, which seems to become more green in color after sitting for a week. So when I re-do Giselle, granted I have to be able to re-create the color as well, I will be making that one on multiple skeins.

Also, I am 85% sure that I will not be re-ordering the Paradise Fibers DK (AKA Less than DK). It was nice and cheap and I didn't mind the whole fact that it came in balls instead of skeins, but 220 yds is not enough for a fingering weight yarn. I have my own ball of Less than DK American Idiocy that I'm going try to make flip mittens with in hopes that 220 yds is enough. So I'm on the look out for a good, rather inexpensive Fingering or sock base yarn.

Along with finding a new sock yarn, I'm looking into finding a non-wool yarn for those people who like my colors, but can't wear wool. I'd like something I can dye with acid dye to save money, I'm thinking silk.

Feel free to comment on any of this. I'm always looking for feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment