Saturday, March 6, 2010

Simba

Okay, as I promised, here's some stuff on Simba. Sorry that it's late.

I've been thinking about doing a Lion King themed yarn for awhile, it was just a matter of rewatching the movie to really get an idea for colors. It wasn't until they started singing "I Just Can't Wait to be King" that inspiration really hit. I got a couple of ideas for color schemes, but the one that stuck with me the most was a color combo in a background plate used when Simba and Nala are on the backs of the ostriches. I snapped a picture of it so that I could better remember the colors. Granted, pictures of something on TV don't really show the true coloring, but it did help. After it was dyed, the colors really reminded me of Simba.

Of course, it also makes me think of Gobstoppers candy and my 14 year old brother thought it was Harry Potter. What does it make you think of?

Here's the inspiration pic followed by the yarn.





Well, I've been putting off finishing up my knitted samples. I'm going to work on getting 1 or 2 done before I babysit tonight. Still hoping that this weekend will generate my first sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment