Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sully

I just finished dying my first Wool2Dye4 Tweed yarn. I chose a color combination inspired by Sully from Monsters Inc. It's currently steaming, so we'll see how it actually looks, but once the dye started setting in, it started looking really cool. The strand of super wash merino carries the dye further than the 3 strands of regular merino. There are some cool spots were there is a strand of purple twisted in with the blue. I can't wait to see it finished. The yarn was painted like Sully looks- mainly blue with big purple spots through out. So that should add even more texture to the yarn.

I'm trying to decide what else I want to do on this base. I was inspired by a great color combo in The Lion King. I may be doing it, but I want to see what the yarn looks like dried first. If you have any ideas, feel free to comment with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment