Thursday, February 11, 2010

Under the Sea

So just a little story about this. After doing my first couple of yarns in acid dye, I decided to experiment with the hot pour technique using food coloring. I did 2 yarns, Under the Sea (muted) and International Superyarns (the oops edition). If you can't tell from the titles, they didn't turn out how I wanted.
FYI, International Superyarn was pulled after I tried to reskein it from the tiny skeins that American Idiocy and Giselle Fingering are in and it got all tangled. I had to cut it to get it into a ball.
Anyway, I've been going back and forth about over dying Under the Sea (muted) with acid dye since it dried. After finishing up my latest batch of yarn, I decided that it didn't fit in at all and started to hate it. I had plenty of left over purple, pink, orange, green, blue, and teal from the other yarns. These were the original intended colors, so I figured I might as well take advantage of the extra dye.
It over dyed really well. I think that the original dye job would peek through more, but that's not the case!

So here you go, the before and after pictures, enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment